My Farewell Tour

Years ago, sitting in class, didn't you wonder why you had to learn where Mesopotamia was? Why learn about the places so far away? What was the point of knowing about some huge desert in a place it was unlikely I would ever visit. Well, now I know why. One never knows in life what sort of interesting things will come about. And my life has certainly been interesting. But, now it's time to learn about another part of the world and depart from my safe haven of New Hampshire and head out to parts unknown in a place called Abu Dhabi.
I am calling this part of my journey, before I leave, my "Farewell Tour" because haven't you ever noticed that when a cool rock band is going to change members or break up, they have a Farewell Tour that lasts about a year? Well, I began my "Farewell Tour" at the Thanksgiving dinner table last November as I sat and looked around at my family, my cousins, aunts and uncles and I asked my mother what she would think if I decided to teach overseas. My mother responded favorably and I thought, well, then, this is it. This could be my last Thanksgiving dinner with the family in New England, for a couple of years. I mentally looked around at the family as if to impress their faces and that moment on my mind. At that point, my mother was the only one who knew that I was planning such a crazy, wild journey of my heart. I applaud her for being open to such an idea. Now that I am further along in my journey, she is still so very supportive. What more can one ask from her parents?

Monday, May 16, 2011

It's a Small World, After All

It is so exciting to open my blog each day and check out how many people are reading my blog. Today, someone from Letterkenny, Donegal took a look at what I'm writing. Donegal? Really? Wow. It seems I'm getting a lot of views...Fowlerville, Michigan, Lady Lake, Florida, Nashville Tennessee, and Cincinnatti, Ohio. That's just today. I would love it if each person would leave a little "Here I am" comment and tell me where they are from, or who they are, or why they came to my page. It's fascinating to write this blog and have it read by so many people. I live in a small town in New Hampshire, where we have no Walmart, no Target, only one grocery store, and 4 gas stations. (When you live that far from a major city, you have to buy a lot of gas to get there.) Right now, I work in an even smaller town that is an hour from home.
So, stop and visit for a bit, leave a note or comment, and hopefully you will click on one of my sponsors. Tell me what you like or don't like about my blog. Right now it's a bit blase, as I haven't actually set foot in Abu Dhabi, yet. Once I get there, I hope to have lots to say;-)

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, I want a recent visitors from... widget! Also, I don't know where I'm from anymore, but I live in SC for the moment--and Letterkenny is kind of nice. I'd go back there in a flash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's called "Feedjit" it's great. Very interesting to see where everyone is from. Have you tried using the "next blog" feature at the top of the page? I visited several interesting blogs, today. (Like I need more blogs to read!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. From central Illinois! Will be fascinating to follow you as you start this major change--and also to see what is in common.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm here (as of today, while I read the KYP...) and you're in my RSS reader now, so I'll keep up and presumably comment from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. From Seattle, but you already knew that:) I've known Nancy since HS and she's always been an amazing writer, but more importantly a friend and citizen of the world. So, I look forward to learning more about your Abu-Jobbie! xoxo Ryb

    ReplyDelete